1. I constantly learn. I learn a lot about what I am interested in. I learn how to do new things. I learn about hwat works and doesn’t work for me and my knowledge is kept current.
2. I have a voice. Blogging is very self indulgent. It’s about what I choose. What I want to say and what I am thinking. It really is about me.
3. It has given me a lot of rewards. I get some good contact with people through blogging and I know I have people “out there” who look after my blogs if I cannot blog for whatever reason. There is a community out there which is very caring so that becomes a reward in itself.
4. It makes me flexible. I do have to become aware of what worked and what doesn’t. I do have to be prepared to try new things and take up new directions. You cannot stand still when you are blogging and you learn to be more accommodating of the changing needs of the world.
5. It’s fun. There are gadgets, widgets, customisations and then a lot of other blogs which you discover which are just pure joy. It can be very playful and you can amuse yourself sometimes thinking of funny or differnt things to do on your blog.
I have noticed bloggers often run more than one blog and I am no different. they all serve a different purpose. Some are more spontaneous blogs than others but the person’s main blog is the one which is really an extention of themselves whereas the others tend to be purpose built blogs. It’s all in a blogger’s day and it continues to be intersting.